Winter's Passage and Reading on a Screen.

So I just finished reading Winter's Passage by Julie Kagawa. The 1.5th book in her series which is only available as and e-read.
I do NOT have an e-reader yet, and although I kinda want one ( because everyone else has one) I can't see myself spending money on one. See, I read in the bath, while I eat, at the beach etc, and those are all places very dangerous to the e-reader. I like to read library books where you can see where someone spilled their coffee, or stopped reading and turned down the corner. I like to briefly imagine what was going on/why someone else did those things, and I also just love knowing I'm reading something that some other pair of eyes have seen. Especially when it's a really good book.

That's my e-reader rant. I still do really want one.

So then Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey 1.5 was only available as a PDF from the library and I had to wait FOREVER to get it, but I got and read it all in one very quick sitting. I love this series so much. The characters are all interesting ( and there are a lot) and I'm in love with Ash also, so that helps along with the liking of the book.

This 59 page novella was great for someone like me who has to wait a while for the library to obtain me a copy of the book. I can't read straight through a sCheck Spellingeries unless I buy it, and with all of the 'in between' books sometimes you just need a little 59 pager to get you back into the swing of things. It brings you back to book one, has a little mini adventure and leads into book two all in 59 pages. Brilliant!

I was contemplating skipping these ".5" e-reads but I definitely think ( as a fan of the series so far) it's worth it to read them. I tell you for sure after I read the official book 2!
4/5

Winter's Passage
ebook, 59 pages
Published June 1st 2010 by Harlequin(first published May 20th 2010)

Goodreads Synopsis:

Meghan Chase used to be an ordinary girl...until she discovered that she is really a faery princess. After escaping from the clutches of the deadly Iron fey, Meghan must follow through on her promise to return to the equally dangerous Winter Court with her forbidden love, Prince Ash. But first, Meghan has one request: that they visit Puck--Meghan's best friend and servant of her father, King Oberon--who was gravely injured defending Meghan from the Iron Fey.Yet Meghan and Ash's detour does not go unnoticed. They have caught the attention of an ancient, powerful hunter--a foe that even Ash may not be able to defeat....

1 comments: