Muggle-No-More

As weird as this may sound to you. I somehow missed the whole Harry Potter thing. I was probably sneaking out of school to get stoned and walking through the forest with my friends. But yeah, I missed it. I saw the movies because I used to work at a movie theater and saw EVERY movie. I really liked the movies but felt my experience with Harry just wasn't the same as those who have read those delightful stories.

I tried to deny wanting to read them, I really did. I put it off and put it off and then just gave up on the idea of reading them. I obviously know what happens so I didn't really see the point in reading the books. HAHA!

So last week Shaun mentions he has never seen the movies. I was in utter shock at this fact, and wasn't quite sure how to handle the situation until I came up with a BRILLIANT idea. To read a book, then watch a movie, read the next book, watch the next move, etc! I know! Such a good idea!

So this weekend I read the very first Harry Potter, and truly fell in love with it, for what it was meant to be. I absolutely LOVED Hagrid and The Weasleys especially in the first book. It took me less than 48 hours easy to fly through it, and I am so grateful I did. I am excited to keep on going slow but sure ( i don`t intent to read them back to back) and really appreciated Rowling`s writing and the characters she created. Chamber of Secrets here I come!

1 comments:

  • Lan | December 5, 2011 at 10:59 PM

    Strangely enough, you aren't the only person in the entire world who hasn't read the Harry Potter series. I've come across quite a few people in the blogosphere. I'm so glad you liked the first book. This is one of my favourite series!