Falling

Fall on the northwest coast really is the most beautiful season. I am gratefully posting about how much I love it, because in my entire young adult life I have been too stressed out and exhausted and working my ass off too much to even notice it go by.
This is why I quit what I was doing and started over. No, my parents still aren't happy, and I frequently get asked " What the hell are you doing?", and " You know, everyone's talking about you at ( insert old place of work here)". Well I feel bad that they have to bother themselves with worry about me, because I am happier than I have been in years. It's a genuine real happy for LIVING my life.

I remember I love this time of year when I get to wrap myself up in warm, cozy, and incredibly cute clothes and walk outside into the crispy, clean air. One deep breath and I immediately can feel the warmth of the sun,as my cheeks start to rose-y up. Although the sun feels amazing,usually a nice latte fills in the cold spots the sun cannot. I love the crunchy colourful leaves and all of the fall smells. I'm always amazed at how dying leaves look so beautiful and at that time I wish I had no other skill but to be able to paint or photograph how I view this.

We live next to a forest, which is one of my favourite places to be especially when its glowing with all of the fall oranges and yellows. In many of the enchanted books I read, I picture forest s
cenes in this exact forest.

This particular chilly night I got together with some new friends I am very fond of and we giggled and snacked and went to a candle party. I love candle parties because there are always so many delicious smelling candles and the lights make me feel fuzzy. I bought two scents of votives, an apricot fig and white oak sandalwood which I feel are like autumn in a smell. I have always wanted to go to this particular kind of candle party. I have been invited to many, and ordered lots of candles before but have never been able to attend due to work. I haven't had a Christmas off in 5 years and have worked most new years' as well.

I am so thankful to be able to start enjoying the smallest things in life I have missed, like quality time with real friends, and walking around in the woods. I cant begin to explain what it's like to be deprived of the things you cherish the most, and the gratitude and joy I have felt now that its back and I can appreciate it.

(photos of Beaver Lodge Lands were found using Google image search)

1 comments:

  • Lan | October 16, 2011 at 2:40 AM

    You definitely made the right choice is quitting your last job because you sound like you're so much happier now. I would love nothing more than living next to a forest. That's one of my major goals for my writing. Buy a property next to some bushland where season actually mean something. Those photos are magical :)