Catching Fire!!

OH MY GOOOOOD! I spent all day reading Catching Fire and AHHH, I cant wait to read Mockingjay I just cant!!!!

I was SO skeptical about this series. I was actually getting kind of tired of the same old YA books and this one just has me. I am ON the bandwagon. During the first one, I felt it was pretty gripping, felt like I got to know Katniss well, but in the back of my mind thought the whole games, fight to the death thing was done before. Well. Once I read Catching fire, particularly the last chapter which just threw the whole series for a loop, I coudlnt believe how much more there was to it. I'm so drawn into this trilogy. Ha vent felt my heart race quite like this before.

I feel so lucky to have a blog and follow/am followed by other who love these books as much as I do. I cannot wait to read Mockingjay. It may be a few weeks but I am so excited about it. wow.

I'm sorry this post is so explosively ramble-y but I literally JUST put the book down and haven't even had time to process it,i just had to get this out and this is really the only place I can do it where people understand :)

The only things I didn't quite like about this book is how we really don't know how this rebellion really got started and what has happened like, politically. I mean if you're going to have a world rebellion there needs to be more details, although I understand this book is through the view of Katniss who is a 17 year old girl who's clearly being toyed with and is naive enough not to notice. but that's fine with me because it makes for a great story :)

Also I wish there was a little bit more description of the actual arena in this one. There was a lot going on and I found it a little hard to picture. I kind of felt like these games were just kind of half-assed compared to the first ones even though by the end of the book you understand why :) So really its not a bad thing, I could have just been lead along a little more is all :)



5/5 for me. I always love book 2. You're always already in love with the story/characters, but there is still something to look forward to when it's done !

1 comments:

  • Lan | October 17, 2011 at 1:35 AM

    Am so glad you're enjoying this series. They really are great aren't they? I'll be waiting to hear what you think of Mockingjay because it's quite different.